Tunisian Trademarks legislation
The Protection of marks in Tunisia is provided by a specific Tunisian Trademarks legislation.
The Tunisian Trademarks legislation consists in National regulations and International Conventions and Treaties.
National regulations of the Tunisian Trademarks legislation
- Law No. 2001-36 of April 17, 2001, on the Protection of Trademarks & Trade Services, amended and supplemented by the Law No. 2007-50 of 23 July 2007.
- Decree No. 2015-303 of June 1, 2015, establishing the Procedures for Registration and Opposition, as well as the Procedures relating to Recordal on the National Marks Register.
- Order of the Minister of Finance of December 3, 2001, fixing the form of the written application for suspension of customs clearance of importing goods containing counterfeit mark and the procedures for submitting the application to customs.
Main International Conventions and Treaties of the Tunisian Trademarks legislation
- Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property of March 20, 1883, as revised at Brussels on December 14, 1900, at Washington on June 2, 1911, at The Hague on November 6, 1925, at London on June 2, 1934, at Lisbon on October 31, 1958, and at Stockholm on July 14, 1967, and as amended on September 28, 1979
- Nice Classification (NCL), established by the Nice Agreement (1957), is an international classification of goods and services applied for the registration of marks. The eleventh edition of the NCL came into force on January 1, 2017.
- Madrid System for the international registration of trademarks: The Protocol Relating to the Madrid Agreement Concerning the International Registration of Marks adopted at Madrid on June 27, 1989, as amended on October 3, 2006 and on November 12, 2007
- Madrid Agreement for the Repression of False or Deceptive Indications of Source on Goods of April 14, 1891, revised at Washington on June 2, 1911, at The Hague on November 6, 1925, at London on June 2, 1934, and at Lisbon on October 31, 1958 and at Stockholm in 1967.
- Nairobi Treaty on the Protection of the Olympic Symbol adopted at Nairobi on September 26, 1981. Tunisia signed Nairobi Treaty on December 29, 1981; ratified on April 21, 1983; entered into force on May 21, 1983.
- Lisbon Agreement for the Protection of Appellations of Origin and their International Registration of October 31, 1958, as revised at Stockholm on July 14, 1967, and as amended on September 28, 1979
Our practice covers :
- Trademark search in Tunisia
- Filing trademark application in Tunisia
- Tunisian Trademark registration
- International Trademark registration
- Trademark Opposition in Tunisia
- Trademark cancellation
- Trademark assignment in Tunisia
- Trademark license in Tunisia
- Trademark registration changes
- Trademark renewal in Tunisia
- Trademark due diligence in Tunisia
- Trademark protection in Tunisia
- Trademark watching services in Tunisia
- Trademark Portfolio Management in Tunisia
- Customs seizure proceedings in Tunisia
- Trademark infringement