Tunisian Trademark registration
To get a Tunisian trademark registration, the process is really simple, easy and inexpensive.
A Tunisian trademark registration can be obtained for words, logo, numerals, slogan, device and more. A Tunisian Trademark registration provides you with legal right of exclusivity for use of your registered mark in Tunisia. The trademark registration process in Tunisia is not long and do not involve multiple steps.
Easily obtain a Tunisian Trademark Registration
Basically, a trademark is a “brand” or “logo” that you can use to distinguish your product from those of your competitors. Through your Tunisian trademark registration, you can protect your brand or logo by restricting other people from using the same. A registered trademark is an intangible asset for a business and is used to protect the company’s investment in the brand or symbol.
TM application number is assigned immediately within filing the application. It takes almost one year to be registered so that you can use to use ® symbol with your brand name. It is always advised to get a Tunisian trademark registration because getting your company registered will not protect your brand against those who might initiate using identical or similar marks.
Registering a Tunisian trademark deters others from using your trademark :
- By registering a trademark in Tunisia, the trademark owner obtains the right to put ®, after the mark, alerting others to your registration and preventing the defence of innocent infringement;
- By registering a trademark in Tunisia, the trademark will appear in trademark search reports ordered by others, likely discouraging others from proceeding with the registration of the same or similar mark; and
- Through registering a trademark in Tunisia, the Tunisian Trademark Office will propose refusal of registration to any trademarks it deems confusingly similar to your trademark.
Registering a Tunisian trademark provides the trademark owner with greater remedies :
- Grants the trademark owner the right to recover up to triple damages and fees of their trademark lawyer from an infringer;
- Obtaining the presumption of being the legal owner of the mark;
- Increasing the likelihood of the successful filing of a dispute resolution policy for an infringing Internet domain name; and
- Gives the trademark owner an automatic right to sue in courts.
Please do not hesitate to contact us to get your Tunisian Trademark Registration.
Our practice covers also :
- Trademark search in Tunisia
- Filing trademark application in Tunisia
- International Trademark registration
- Trademark opposition in Tunisia
- Trademark cancellation
- Trademark assignment in Tunisia
- Trademark license in Tunisia
- Trademark registration changes
- Trademark renewal in Tunisia